Disc Rotor in Punch Design, 6-Hole, Shimano compatibel
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time 5-7 Workdays
Order number: IS120-Punch
- Order number: IS120-Punch
MTB brake discs in Punch design • Shimano compatible • heat treated • many small holes integrated in the braking surface
➔ Available sizes are: Ø140, Ø160, Ø180, Ø203, Ø220, Ø223 mm
Update 10 / 2023
The Ø140 and Ø160mm Punch Disc is optionally available with rounded outer diameter. The rounded edges on the outer diameter of the brake disc minimize the risk of injury and comply with the guidelines of the cycling world association UCI. As an additional advantage, they facilitate wheel installation by preventing the rounded outer diameter from jamming in the brake caliper / brake pads.
Update 06 / 2023
The Ø220 and Ø223mm punch disc is now available in a new, revised design. The diameter of the holes in the friction ring has also been adjusted to match the respective thickness, so that the maximum cooling surface is available for the corresponding thickness. From now on, the design is consistently the same from diameter Ø140 - Ø223mm.
Update 02 / 2023
The Ø203mm punch disc is now available in a new, revised design. The inner area has been reinforced and a magnetic mount for a speed sensor has been integrated. The diameter of the holes in the friction ring has also been adjusted to the respective thickness, so that the maximum cooling surface is available at the corresponding thickness.
Update 11 / 2022
The Ø203mm punch disc with a thickness of 2.15 mm is now available with a friction ring width of 13.9 mm.
Update 09 / 2022
The Ø203mm punch disc with a thickness of 2.15 and 2.30mm and the Ø223mm punch disc are now available with an integrated mount for a speed sensor magnet (e.g. from Magura).
Update 05 / 2022
The Ø203 Punch Disc is now also available in a thickness of 2.30mm (Compatible with all common brake calipers).
Update 02 / 2022
The light version of the Punch Disc is now also available with a diameter of 160mm, the ideal brake disc for racing bikes - light but powerful.
Update 04 / 2021
From now on all Punch Disc are glass bead blasted, but the price does not increase it! This finish treatment reduces the braking time of the brake discs (more information here) and gives the brake disc an even better look.
- Mechanical brake test according to DIN EN ISO 4210-2: 2015-12 and velotech.de Q2015 standard passed with top values
- Made from stainless steel which is hardened then ground flat, for a long lasting rotor with perfect trueness. Compatible with all major brake brands, just make sure the outer diameter is correct and the correct caliper adaptor is fitted
- Brake surface with many small holes to increase the effective area to absorb and dissipate the heat generated during braking ➔ 30% more surface area compared to a comparable standard brake disc
- 654 holes in the Ø180 mm and 777 holes in the Ø203 mm version
- less wear of the brake pads due to many small holes in the brake surface
- use with organic / semi-organic brake pads
- also available in thickness 2,15 and 2.30 mm (compatible with AVID, Magura and Shimano brake systems)
- Fixing screws and extensive assembly and braking instructions included in the scope of delivery
- Punch Light version (Ø160 and Ø180mm) are not suitable for e-bikes and downhill bikes
- AVID / SRAM
Recommended brake pads (organic / semi-metallic)
- Galfer: Black, Red and Violet
- organic pads - Shimano N03A, D03S, G03A and B01S / the use of other brake pads can impair the braking performance
- Magura 8.P Peformance
Brake pads that do not harmonize optimally with the Punch Disc
- Trickstuff Standard und Power
Width of the braking surface
- Ø140 mm = 14 mm
- Ø160 mm = 14,5 mm
- Ø160 mm (Punch Light) = 14 mm
- Ø180 mm = 15,5 mm
- Ø180 mm (Punch Light) = 14 mm
- Ø190 - Ø203 mmmm = 16 mm
- Ø220 - Ø223 mm = 16,5 mm
- Ø120 mm = 75 g
- Ø140 mm = 98 g
- Ø160 mm = 125 g
- Ø160 mm (Punch Light) = only 111 g !
- Ø180 mm = 155 g
- Ø180 mm (Punch Light) = only 129 g !
- Ø180 mm = 170 g (Thickness: 2,15 mm)
- Ø203 mm = 192 g
- Ø203 mm = 214 g (Thickness: 2,15 mm)
- Ø203 mm = 229 g (Thickness: 2,30 mm)
- Ø220 mm = 241 g (Thickness: 2,15 mm)
- Ø223 mm = 262 g (Thickness: 2,30 mm)
Information for the heat treatment:
For additional stability and strength, all our disc brakes are heat treated. During this process, basic strength in addition to the resilient properties of the material can be improved. As a result, our discs have a very high level of strength, and visibly lower wear, which gives the discs a longer life! In addition, the risk of bending the disc is reduced, so your disc should stay straighter, longer!
These effects are only visible when the disc is installed correctly, and the brake is used properly.
|Rotor Size:||120mm, 223mm, 140 mm, 160mm, 180mm, 203mm, 220mm|
|Standard / Pitch Circle Diameter PCD:||6-Hole (IS2000)|
|Disc Thickness:||2.15mm, 1.95mm, 2.30mm|
|Material:||High alloy stainless steel ( AISI 420 C)|
|Surface treatment:||Heat treated and precision ground|
|Tightening Torque:||5-6 Nm|
|Braking Surface:||14,5mm, 16mm, 17mm|
|Recommended Brake Pads:||organisch - Shimano N03A, D03S, G03A und B01S|
|Quantity:||1x Brake Disc incl. 6 steel bolts T25|
TOP Bremsscheibe fürs Tandem!!!
Habe die Punch in 203/2,2 mm an meinem Renntandem (Systemgewicht um die 190 kg) zusammen mit Bremssätteln von Hope (RX4 mit Shimano-STi-Hebeln) verbaut, weil sich die AVID-Bremsscheiben nach einem Tagesausflug in den Odenwald wegen Überhitzung verzogen hatten. Mit diesen Bremsscheiben ist Fading kein Thema mehr. Die Bremsscheiben laufen extrem gerade (haben fast keinen Seitenschlag) und ein Verschleiß ist nach rund 1.000 km nicht feststellbar.
Danke dir Florian für das positive Feedback und allzeit gute Fahrt!
Great Punch Rotors!
Got Torsten to build us 2.1mm Thick x 203mm punch rotors and they are incredible. They run silent and on long downhills (even with my 235#) remain cool with ZERO fade. Very impressed as always with BrakeSTUFF product and price is very reasonable for such high quality
Thank you, Doug!
Sehr gute Bremsscheibe!
Bin nach Alpencross mit der "Punch Disc 203/2.1" begeistert von der Disc.
Nach ca 12000 Tiefenmetern bei 130kg Systemgewicht keinerleil Überhitzungsprobleme,
keine Verfärbungen und geringer Belagverschleiß.